SCARLET POKER ROOM OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
We want all our customers to enjoy the interactive nature of this product and the sense of community which interactive poker uniquely seeks to foster. We also take every effort to ensure the experience is fun and not spoilt by cheating or bad behavior or other unsatisfactory matters.
We therefore ask all players to agree to certain rules and standards of behavior and to accept responsibility for their own actions. Disputes or concerns about the operation of the product or cheating will be resolved by the Poker Room management.
Some of the areas where you as a customer can help in this are identified elsewhere. Here we set out the key terms and conditions. Playing at Scarlet Poker indicates your acceptance of these terms. They are intended to ensure fairness and are designed for everyone's protection.
When you installed the Poker Room client, you were asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Participation. We repeat them here for your information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION AND PLAY
- These terms and conditions set out the terms which exist between a customer of the Poker Room (herein a "Player") and Scarlet Poker. References to the "Poker Room" are references to Scarlet Poker, and it's management team and partners. In addition to accepting these Terms and Conditions, Players acknowledge and agree to be bound by the House Rules and Game Rules of the Poker Room as amended from time to time by the Poker Room.
- Players acknowledge that the Games may be played "for free". Subject to the powers of the Poker Room to restrict or refuse participation in the Games or to withdraw or suspend Games, participation in the Games is at the option, discretion and risk of the Player. By participating in "free-money" Games, the Player acknowledges and confirms that it is legal to do so in accordance with the laws of the Player's jurisdiction, and that he or she accepts that the Poker Room is unable to provide any warranties as to the legality or otherwise of his or her participation in "free-money" play at the Poker Room.
- Any controversy or dispute among any Players or between one or more Players and the Poker Room shall be settled by the Poker Room whose decision shall be final and binding in all respects. The Poker Room requires that all controversies or disputes be reported by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Poker Room reserves the right to suspend or withdraw any Game in its absolute discretion and/or to add further Games from time to time. The Poker Room also reserves the right to amend the House Rules and/or the basis of play of any Game or relevant Game Rules at any time. In case of any such action, Players will be notified promptly by notice posted on the "What's New" section of the Poker Room site. In the event of the cancellation of any Game for any reason, the Poker Room will not be liable.
- Players are solely responsible for the security of their account information and password(s). Should a Player inadvertently disclose his or her password to another person, the Player agrees to contact the Poker Room immediately to modify the password. Players are responsible for any unauthorized use of their account and/or password. In the event that a third party places a bet or is thought to have placed a bet wager or stake, such bet wager or stake shall be valid, whether or not the alleged third party had the prior consent or knowledge of the Player or has misappropriated account and password information of the Player. Under no circumstances will any bet wager or stake be cancelled for that reason.
- Any Player found using multiple browsers or found attempting to manipulate or ascertain information concerning the Game software code or involved in collusion, will forfeit all money and be deactivated as a Player. All wagers must be placed through the user interface provided on the Poker Room. Any wagering through other means, including the use of a "robot" player, is strictly forbidden. The Poker Room reserves the right to prohibit any Player from participating in any and all Games, and may, where situations warrant, freeze the chips of any Player suspected of cheating in any form. The Poker Room further reserves the right to restrict seating and/or to prohibit Players from playing in a particular Game, including restricting two or more Players from playing together at the same Game.
- If a Player had chips at a table during a server crash, the Game will be cancelled and all chips at the table and in play will be returned to the Player's account. In those and all other circumstances, the Poker Room, its affiliates, agents and licensors shall not be liable for any loss resulting from delays or interruptions to play due to failure breakdown malfunction or interruption of electronic or mechanical equipment, telephone internet connection or other communications facilities, or to storms, strikes, walkouts or other causes over which they have no direct control or to loss resulting from erroneous statements or to errors in transmission ("force majeure"). The Poker Room will at all times use reasonable endeavors to overcome any event of such force majeure so far as it can, but does not guarantee its ability to do so.
- Laws regarding gaming vary throughout the world and Players specifically acknowledge that it is the responsibility of all Players to ensure that they understand and fully comply with any laws or regulations applicable in their own country or state. Players must be at least the age of legal majority or (if higher) over any specified age threshold required to participate in online gaming in or from the jurisdiction in which they reside.
- Each Player agrees to hold the Poker Room, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, licensors, affiliates, and subsidiaries harmless and further agrees to fully indemnify each and all of them from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of the Player's (a) entry, use, or reuse of the Poker Room, (b) use of any materials at the Poker Room, (c) participation in any of the Games, or, (d) acceptance of any cash payout.
- The Poker Room beyond sharing of data with partners, for internal use only will not divulge personal identity and details of Players. The Poker Room will not sell Player information. The Poker Room will not disclose details of any promotional net winnings, except for accounting and record-keeping purposes. It is the responsibility of each Player to declare to any appropriate authority his or her promotional net winnings, including, if the Player resides in a jurisdiction where promotional winnings are taxable, to keep track of these promotional winnings and report them to the proper authorities.
- Players must comply with "table stakes" rules as set out by the Poker Room from time to time. In particular, a Player is not permitted to make a wager in excess of the value of chips on the table at the beginning of a hand. Players are permitted to acquire additional chips only between hands. If a Player runs out of chips during a hand, they are considered all-in. Players may not remove money from the table during a playing session. Taking money out of the game and continuing to play is not allowed in a table stakes format.
- Abusive or offensive language or other behavior considered inappropriate by the Poker Room in the context of the product will not be tolerated. Bad behavior or language identified by the Poker Room or brought to its attention will be dealt with swiftly, and may result in a suspension or loss of playing privileges or such other action as may be decided by the Poker Room.